Re: I Hate East Hills Trains running via the Airport Line!

wacko@hotmail.com wrote:

> With most East Hills services going via the airport many passengers are
> forced to either change at Central instead of Redfern or cram onto a
> Illawarra service to Wolli Creek at Sydenham. Both add another 5-15 minutes
> to an otherwise short journey. When catching an East Hills train running via
> the airport it adds another 8-13 minutes to the journey from Central.

I just hate that extra few mins....

> Taking into consideration of how many people get on in the Airport Line
> stations as compared to people getting on at Redfern or Sydenham for
> Campbelltown/East Hills trains and it is a bloody waste of time.
>

> What cityrail should have done when building the line was to build an
> interchange at either Sydenham or Turella where the Airport Line trains
> would terminate instead of running normal Campbelltown services through it
> and inconvidencing local passengers. People from the south west wanting to
> travel to the airport would change at Turella or Sydenham for the airport.

I reckon they should have the weekend arrangements on weekdays.

Macarthur -> Campbelltown -> All to East Hills -> Padstow -> Riverwood
-> Kingsgrove -> Turella (change for airport line) -> Sydenham ->
Redfern -> Central.

In addition, have 4 (or more) T/Cs doing the Airport shuttle Turella ->
Central (via airport) -> City Circle -> Central -> Sydenham (all stops,
naturally).

> Instead of doubling the East Hills line to Beverly Hills, they should have
> implemented the above stategy and save time,money and resources and end up
> with a better service for Airport Line passengers (uncrowded 'special'
> trains) and no interchanging for hundreds of local passengers at Sydenham
> and Redfern.

I'm all for running the services via Sydenham. If they could do it
before the airport link, they can do it after the airport link (as shown
on weekends).

You are not the first, and will not be the last person to whinge about this.

--
Michael Hendy

In a world without fences and walls, who needs gates and windows?