Re: Stop Defending Cityrail Attrocious Record

Mercia Chapman wrote:

> why all weekends on some lines?

Simple. Less people travel on the weekend.

> Why does Cityrail make it almost impossible to get anywhere on weekends.

Major trackwork is advertised in Sydney/local papers a week or more in
advance. If you have somewhere important to go, you should check
beforehand.

> Why did my girlfriend by the ridiculously expensive airport ticket from
> central, get left at Central for 30 minutes, no announcements - NOTHING,
> slow crawl to Domestic - miss her flight? Stupid her - she forgot she needed
> a taxi in Sydney. "9 minutes from Central to the Airport!". No apology ,
> nothing.

What is the going rate for a taxi from Central to Domestic? How long
would it take? Did your girlfriend bother to check the timetables?

A guy came into work yesterday wanting to go to the Airport. It's almost
4.30pm. Next train is in 1 hour. He has a flight at 9pm. It will take at
least 3 1/2 hours to get into Sydney and then to Domestic. Is it our
fault he didn't check the timetables? No.

> Go ahead and drive your cars everywhere. Why catch
> the train?

I don't have a car. Not everybody does, you know. In some cases, it may
be easier/cheaper to catch a train. For example, if I wanted to go to
the airport, I could get a taxi for $80+ and 1 1/2 hrs. Or I could get a
train for much less, and be there in an hour or so.

--
No problem is so big and
complicated that it can't

Anita Lukaszyk