Re: Stop Defending Cityrail Attrocious Record

> > Why does Cityrail make it almost impossible to get anywhere on weekends.
>
> Major trackwork is advertised in Sydney/local papers a week or more in
> advance. If you have somewhere important to go, you should check
> beforehand.

Which doesnt answer the question as to why they make it impossible on
weekends. Its all well and good to put things in the press and on the
internet, however, it doesnt change the fact that CityRail incovenience
their "customers". There was a time when buses were a last alternative in
preference to locohauling and service reductions. Now it is the norm. Funny
to how the same companies always seem to run the shutdown buses. Makes you
wonder.

> > Why did my girlfriend by the ridiculously expensive airport ticket from
> > central, get left at Central for 30 minutes, no announcements - NOTHING,
> > slow crawl to Domestic - miss her flight? Stupid her - she forgot she
needed
> > a taxi in Sydney. "9 minutes from Central to the Airport!". No apology ,
> > nothing.
>
> What is the going rate for a taxi from Central to Domestic? How long
> would it take? Did your girlfriend bother to check the timetables?

Did you bother checking the timetable? You as a State Rail employee should
know your timetables, and should also know, that, if there are normally four
trains per hour on the Airport Line, then that averages to one in every
fifteen minutes. Yet the gap was 30 minutes. The taxi would cost more, but
would be more reliable than the train. It is inexcusible if a train is
delayed that passengers arent advised, but that is in line with CityRail
"customer" service.

<snip>

> > Go ahead and drive your cars everywhere. Why catch
> > the train?
>
> I don't have a car. Not everybody does, you know. In some cases, it may
> be easier/cheaper to catch a train. For example, if I wanted to go to
> the airport, I could get a taxi for $80+ and 1 1/2 hrs. Or I could get a
> train for much less, and be there in an hour or so.

I suppose the choice for a government transport employee in this state would
be to take a little longer and go by public transport. Afterall, a free fare
that you pay is cheaper than an taxi ride, isn't it.