Re: Stop Defending Cityrail Attrocious Record

Glenn J-B wrote:

> > > Why does Cityrail make it almost impossible to get anywhere on weekends.
> >
> > Major trackwork is advertised in Sydney/local papers a week or more in
> > advance. If you have somewhere important to go, you should check
> > beforehand.
>
> Which doesnt answer the question as to why they make it impossible on
> weekends. Its all well and good to put things in the press and on the
> internet, however, it doesnt change the fact that CityRail incovenience
> their "customers". There was a time when buses were a last alternative in
> preference to locohauling and service reductions. Now it is the norm. Funny
> to how the same companies always seem to run the shutdown buses. Makes you
> wonder.

Remember, we now have a competitive, aggressive customer focused rail transport
system. Which is made up of train operating companies, rail infrastructure
maintenance companies and a track access company.  Cityrail is just an operating
company.  It doesn't have any choice but to substitute trains for busses if the
rail access company (RIC) who Cityrail buy their rail access from shuts the line
down.

Thats reform as they say! :-)