Re: Stop Defending Cityrail Attrocious Record Was Re: [NSW] Ian's whinging (was: Re: SRA admits liability for rail crash)

<snippity snip>

> Why did my girlfriend by the ridiculously expensive airport ticket from

> central, get left at Central for 30 minutes, no announcements - NOTHING,

> slow crawl to Domestic - miss her flight? Stupid her - she forgot she needed

> a taxi in Sydney. "9 minutes from Central to the Airport!". No apology ,

> nothing.

I won't defend anything related to the airport link. I personally
wouldn't that if I wanted to get *to* a plane, but from a plane is
another issue entirely...

> [Now waiting for the chorus of Cityrail defenders/lackies to tell me that

> somehow that particular line is not Cityrail - some other mythical beast,

> blame someone else for it...]

It mightn't be their line but they still run the trains along it, no
defense from here...

<snip>

> non-service like this. Go ahead and drive your cars everywhere. Why catch

> the train?

This is the wrong group to ask why people would catch the train ;)

Seriously though:
What if you don't have a car or license?
You don't have to look/pay for parking when going by train.
You don't get stuck on, say, the M4 on a train.
The running costs for a car on it's own may be in excess of going by train.

When's the last time you got stuck in the morning traffic jam called the M4?