Re: DSRM is... (this response is "long")

"Steve Zvillis" <szvillis@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
9b3pqk$12no$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:9b3pqk$12no$1@otis.netspace.net.au...

> Tony Gatt <baulko@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
>
> > We were having our own discussion, the members invited themselves into
the
> > discussion.
> > We weren't pestering the members, they invited themselves to speak on
the
> > issue.
> > and to date, there speaks have not done a great deal to sway the opinion
> of
> > those originally having the discussion...
> >
> > Tony
>

> As you were having a discussion in a public forum, attacking the
> organisation of which we are members, with exaggerations, distortions,
> assumptions and plain untruths, do you seriously expect members to have
sat
> back, reading the crap being posted and not respond???

No, they have every right to respond. But to date they have contributed
nothing to the conversation in respect to the questions being asked. As
pointed out previously, all the comments from the DSRM spokesperson (Trevor)
have been negative towards the opening of either a museum or railway. The
only positive thing has been about acquisition of stock, and the defece of
the decisions made.
Dorrigo does have the right to decide what they will acquire, but certainly
those who have an active interest in the preservation of stock can question
the motives and decisions can't they?

Dorrigo appears to have money to spare when it comes to an acquisition of
stock, but none when it comes to completeing the tasks it attempts to
portray as a musuem or operator. This is the point thats being made by the
public forum. The public forum that would quite probably pay to see the
static display or ride the train and contribute to the income of the
organisation. But until now, no such possibilities exist.

> How about I start a thread attacking the organisation(s) you support (if
> any) in the same fashion. Can I expect you to ignore it and not rally to
the
> defence of "your" organisation?

Go for it! I certainly would rally to its defence and have done so before. I
have always been a person to fight for what I believe in, but the belief
must have an outcome or a goal otherwise its only an argument. Still
questiions have not been answered. We all hear of the legal action that was
brought against Dorrigo, still no-one is told "exactly" why it was brought
on. If there was an argument to support, then I am sure it would be
supported.

> If you want to run a defamation campaign on Dorrigo, or any other victim
of
> your vitriol, without input from the victims, try privatly emailing your
> "friends" and keep your tripe out of the public arena.

Defamation, vitriol and victims and tripe.... what are you trying to say?

Defamatory remarks are only defamatory if they are untrue.
A constructive debate is being held in a public forum. This we agree on.
Questions are being asked, not all of them are being answered. Your
aggrovating comments can also be considered tripe. It is it easier for you
to attack the public forum and hope we will go away? I would have preferred
a defence of the questions so that we can all find out whats happening at
Dorrigo.

If DSRM answered the questions, then there wouldn't be a group of people who
are supposedly ill informed. The would be a public forum that has knowledge,
and you would more than likely find, a public forum with support. In their
own words: Dorrigo Steam Railway and Museum Limited is a non profit public
Company, Limited By Guarantee. keyword "public".

Its your choice from here to respond in a civil manner or attack as normal..

Tony.