Re: DSRM is... (this response is "long")

I believe most rail fans would like to support Dorrigo but it is simply not
possible as nothing has been provided by Dorrigo or its supporters to allay
the suspicion that Dorrigo is a one man band which will never get off the
ground as a museum and not remain an unaccessable private collection.  There
was a lot of support initially when it was possible to run trains on the
branch but that support has evaporated as the branchline became more run
down.  Now with the line in practical terms being unusable, without sizeable
expenditure, we are left with the possibility of a museum.  However, Dorrigo
is not really environmentally friendly to keeping ferrous metal artefacts
out in the open.  Once Dorrigo realised there were going to be problems it
would have been sensible to consider whether it was worthwhile proceeding
with their original plans.  In spite of a lot of evidence to the contrary
Dorrigo doggedly presses on with myopic members trying to defend the
indefensible.  This is what most disturbs most observers who can not obtain
sensible answers.  To many it seems as though Dorrigo is happy to see the
rail line deteriorate.  I believe, if they were true rail fans they could
not have allowed the rail line to deteriorate. Rail preservation in general
would have been better served if they had given in to the opposition.  At
most all they have is a phyric victory with a totally useless rail line and
a fabulous collection too large for the group of fanatics that are members
to ever contemplate getting into exhibitable condition, let alone running
order.
Cheers
Rod Gayford

3buB6.2398$hb.5619@news1.belrs1.nsw.optushome.com.au">news:3buB6.2398$hb.5619@news1.belrs1.nsw.optushome.com.au...