Re: [NSW] quality of trains on airport line

"Chris Downs"
> David Johnson
> > Chris Downs wrote:
> >
> > > That's remarkably naive.  People want a clean, punctual, airconditioned
> > > train with a seat and so on.  If they don't get this or can't be sure
> they will then that becomes a reason tp not travel.
> >
> > So why not C sets?
>
> Nice clean C sets sound fine to me.  There are other services on weekends
> that would benefit more from 6 cars than the AL though.  I've seen plenty of
> crowded (ie lots of standees) on 4 car T-set runs in the later afternoon.
> I have less of a problem with clean R sets but they are rareish on Sector 2.

So C sets would be better utilised elsewhere, but R sets are OK?

> I can only go from what I've seen of sector 2 trains at several runs a week.
> I think sector two R sets are usually the dirtiest/least presentable trains
on the
> network (and Sector 1 cars and V-sets/G-sets generally are the best).

That should tell you something about the different class of passengers. BTW,
the award for the filthiest trains always goes to the drug-links, no question.

> Tangaras are usually far less dirty for reasons I can't readily explain,

Take a ride on a drug-link, you'll soon change your mind.

> probably part design, part seat pattern (hides more)

Except that they're now being re-upholstered in vinyl.

> and maybe most passengers treat better trains in a better way
> (very much Clyde's view in designing the Millenium trains).

Better passengers treat any trains better.

> The next timetable (which a reputable source has advised will be introduced
in the
> NEAR future) will of course rectify the problem and minimise the extra
expense.

Told you it was coming.