Re: [NSW] quality of trains on airport line

Chris Downs wrote:

> That's remarkably naive.  People want a clean, punctual, airconditioned
> train with a seat and so on.  If they don't get this or can't be sure they
> will then that becomes a reason tp not travel.

So why not C sets?

> The workings of peoples' minds are clearly more subtle than you give credit
> for.  They will weigh up the factors and then decide.  Why would CityRail
> add an extra handicap of grotty trains when they don't have to (CityRail's
> recent action running Tangaras on weekends indicates like thinking).

Um...  What have tangaras and grotty trains got to do with each other?   All
trains get grotty, regardless of type.   Tonight, I saw three young men empty
their Coke bottles all over the floor of a tangara.  Tangaras are not immune to
grottiness!   CityRail has bowed to pressure and is now running tangaras on the
Boeing runs.   This is going to cost hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.
Empty trains are now being moved around the system at stupid hours of the
morning.  Taxis are ferrying drivers and guards all over the system to work
these empty trains.  Extra crews need to be rostered up, etc, etc.

> Actually CityRail can use them for whatever they like (such as
> Sydney-Olympic Park services).  Passenger perception of V-sets is better
> than for most rolling stock - think laterally and cover all travelling
> issues, not just fares.

So are you suggesting they use V sets on Boeing runs?   That should be fun
getting all the luggage through those narrow doors.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au