Re: [NSW] quality of trains on airport line

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
3a15c3bf$0$19428$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a15c3bf$0$19428$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> Today's Herald had an article on the quality of trains/train services on
the
> Airport line.
>
> In one paragraph, State Rail says they won't compromise the "quality train
> services" on the West and North Shore line to appease the Airport line.
>
> Seeing that almost all off-peak trains on weekdays that run on the Main
> North are air conditioned (with the exception of some), and most of these
> are T or G sets, why not divert these into the City Circle and run them to
> Wolli Creek than have shitty R sets from Ashfield going to Wolli Creek?
>
> And the story with the 4GT...will the delivery of 80 cars plus the
scrapping
> of Tullochs really make a difference?? (remember there is a net gain of
only
> 30 cars by scrapping the Tullochs)
>
>         Public Transport Ticketing
> @ http://members.optusnet.com.au/~kiwifruit

4 car Tangaras were running Airport line services yesterday (Sat).  My
impression was that did make a significant improvement on grotty R sets (and
much quieter too).  East Hills/Macarthur services that I saw were all 8 car
S or T sets (presumably because of track work north of Glenfield).

On weekends I can see no reason why Gosford G sets can't be brought down for
AL services (assuming there's enough cars).  Then there's no loss of T sets
from other lines and a better service for AL passengers.

Chris