Re: [NSW] quality of trains on airport line

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
3a188014$0$19440$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3a188014$0$19440$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> "Chris Downs"
> > Tezza
> > > "Hubert Lam"
> > >
> > > Why put G or T sets on the AL at all? People don't know what train
they're
> > > going to get so it was never an issue for stopping people from using
the
> > AL, just another bullshit excuse from the operators. If the lower the
fares,
> > > people will use it.
> >
> > Leaving better, newer trains stabled on weekends and using older,
grotier
> > rolling stock - a marketing masterstroke.
>
> The Campbelltown Tangaras are out every weekend, but as I said people
don't
> know what train they're going to get so it's not a real issue. Regular
> commuters will of course get used to getting a certain class and get upset
> about getting something worse.

Sounds like dodgy logic to me.  If people don't know what sort of train
they're going to get then you would want to maximise their chances of
getting a newer & cleaner train so that you have a better chance of leaving
a favourable impression.

And this doesn't just apply to the AL.

Chris