Re: Privatisation fines (was: Re: Privatisation (was:Re: Late running trains go Express (Hillside)))

Eddie Oliver <eoliver@efs.mq.edu.au> wrote in message
37ECA13A.AC5EEDCE@efs.mq.edu.au">news:37ECA13A.AC5EEDCE@efs.mq.edu.au...
> Notagunzel wrote:

> > Last I knew, it was people visiting Metrol daily & transferring data
from the
> > Control Graph.  But I stand to be corrected.

> Are you saying that they do a graph by hand for the suburban trains
> (pretty amazing?) or that the computer produces a graph - but if the
> latter, why not get the computer to do the summary without human
> intervention?

The current Metrol computer doen't AFAIK produce a graph.  However the
timetable preperation system (Level 3 Flinders St Station Building) can spit
out graphs, which are used for the Train Controllers, & timetable planning
purposes.  The same system, AFAIK is also used for the Traffic Plans, used
by the Metrol computer for PIDS & ARS functions.  The Metrol Computer only
covers the inner urban area, beyond the fringes, the OPR data has to be
collated from the graph, (hopeing the Signallers let Metrol know what's
going on).

This will all change with the super dooper TMF, which is still 18+ months
off.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.