Re: Privatisation fines (was: Re: Privatisation (was:Re: Late running trains go Express (Hillside)))

David Guymer wrote in message <37E77131.511F06E4@optusnet.com.au>...
>The way that it is meant to work is:
>a: The late train is reported to the Government Office concerned,
>b: The Office above decides if and who to fine,
>c: The companies get there monthly statements showing the details of each
fine,
>d: The companies get their Solicitors to argue who (which company) is at
fault,
>e: The companies fine the departments which are responsible or if they can
find him/her the
>individual.
>f: By this time the next election is due so everybody goes quiet
>Did I miss anything?

Yes, who reports the late/cancelled trains?

a) The company running the late train? (Not very likely!)
b) The opposition? (At present HS and BS are on good terms and co-operating
so I doubt it)
c) The public? (How many members of the public are going to bother?)
d) Somebody paid by the government to sit at Flinders Street and count late
trains? (I doubt it, the government couldn't give a stuff)
e) Other...

Doesn't look like there's going to be many fines!