Re: Late running trains go Express (Hillside)

Christopher_Martin GORDON <cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7rksfv$p8n$3@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7rksfv$p8n$3@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...

> Hillside did it again today, a late running train was altered to run
> express through Heatherdale and Laburnum to make up the 2 minutes it
> was running late.
>
> Hillside (and Bayside) will get fined for cancelled or late running
> trains, but if they alter the stopping pattern like this to gain time
> so they don't get fined too much for running late then nothing happenes.
> As far as I am concerned for the stations that train did not stop at
> where it should have stopped, it has been cancelled and Hillside/Bayside
> should be fined.
>
> Looks like they are using a loophole to reduce fines.  But there are they
> maintaining the existing service to those stations?

They have been doing it since before privatisation. Once they made a train
run express Glen Waverley to Burnley as it was running about 10mins late
during the morning peak (it was the 7:47 express Darling - Richmond).

cheers
Johann