Re: Naughty Naughty!

C. Dewick <craigd@lios.apana.org.au> wrote in message
7rk517$p86$1@lios.apana.org.au">news:7rk517$p86$1@lios.apana.org.au...

> This is the reason we don't condone images being posted in this newsgroup.
> Most of us don't have fast network connections (ie. better than about 3 k
> bytes [equates to about 33600 bps).
>
> There is always 'alt.binaries.pictures.rail', which is largely dominated
by
> US-centric images, but if some of the people who want to see Australian
rail
> images would actually post images in 'a.b.r.rail' we could start to
redress
> the US-centrism problem... 8-)
>
> Alternatively, start up a movement to from an 'aus.binaries.pictures.rail'
> newsgroup....

The major problem with this, and one that I (and others) have been berating
Robin at Peterborough about at length, is that the vast majority of news
servers do not keep posts to the binaries newsgroups for vaery long - less
than 24 hours in some cases.

With the vast number of free web hosting services around, why can't people
upload the photos to one of these websites, and then merely post the URL?
ALL of us have access to the WWW so we can all access the images that way.
And they can stay there forever,

DaveP