Re: Big train wreck in England! - 70 Dead?

WhaleOilBeefHooked <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
7tkla4$mmp$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7tkla4$mmp$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> 7tj92l$10il$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:7tj92l$10il$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> <snip>
>
> Doesn't LT have straight platforms? From memory (it is getting on close to
> six years since I was last in London) all LT platforms are straight. This
> would HAVE to help DOO operations.

No actually there are many very sharp curved platforms in London,
particulaly on the older tube lines, some with rather large Gaps between the
train and the platform, resulting in that boring repetative "MIND THE GAP"
message being blasted over the load speakers system.

Bob.