Re: Big train wreck in England! - 70 Dead?

Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
7tiiat$ui7$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:7tiiat$ui7$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
>  Of cause, your from Sydney, (with a population of 4 Million), the centre
of
> the universe, the fact that almost everything you operate has had some
> GWR/BR influence is irrevelent, Paddington, (ex-GWR may not operate as
many
> trains as Country Link) (although I doubt that).  When you take the LUR
into
> account and the Mainline commuter lines, Sydney pales into
insignificience.

5 millions actually. But who is counting? The comparasion of the number of
movements, (not number of trains), compared to both country's safety record
is relevent. Somebody is doing something right somewhere and lessons can be
learnt from that.

I wasn't making any sort of reference to the London Underground. If you knew
anything about how the railways work in the UK you would know the tube is a
completely different system and is quite safe and separate to the privatised
system in England. When were the last deaths on the tube? Mooregate? When a
driver failed to stop at the terminus and ran the first three carriages into
a short tunnel?

I was referring to the safety record of movements in and out of Sydney
Central, both surburban and country, compared with the combined movements
into and out of both Paddington and Waterloo combined.

> Yes I'm Melbournecentric and proud of it!!!!!

And you also consider that Melbourne is the centre of the universe??? So who
gives a rat's arse where you come from?

> After all. "Just like London's Underground, we've learn't to run train
> without guards"!!!!!

With very few trains compared with London and Sydney I could see why guards
aren't necessary but try finding a member of staff that a particular
carriage is unsafe and you will be hard pressed in Melbourne. The last time
we travelled on a train in Melbourne in 1998 there was glass everywhere due
to a smashed window where we where. The carriage was still in service. Do
you think that we could find anybody, even at Spencer Street to let them
know? The answer is no. But what point were you trying to make?

> (But we don't have a Harbour Bridge, so I guess that make a difference)???

And your point is?

You sound like a real rocket scientist with nothing at all to contribute but
instead, like pdwyer@ecn.net.au your only way of getting off is to try and
score points off people that try to contribute. How childlike. You must be a
very sad type of individual to try and live with. I feel sorry for your
immediate family.