Re: Big train wreck in England! - 70 Dead?

On Fri, 08 Oct 1999 23:17:27 +1000, John Dennis
<jdennis@acslink.net.au> wrote:

>>Doesn't LT have straight platforms? From memory (it is getting on close to
>>six years since I was last in London) all LT platforms are straight. This
>>would HAVE to help DOO operations.
>
>No.  What about the announcements at various stations to "MIND THE
>GAP"

Correct.  And they're not the only mass transit system to have DOO and
curved platforms.

Platform-end CCTV, or its latest derivative, in-cab CCTV, is all you
need to operate the trains safely.  On-board security, I agree, is a
different kettle of fish.