Re: Big train wreck in England! - 70 Dead?

> Doesn't LT have straight platforms? From memory (it is getting on close to
> six years since I was last in London) all LT platforms are straight. This
> would HAVE to help DOO operations.

Hi there

Not all LT platforms are straight, those that are have mirrors provided for
the driver, and curved platforms have 1-4 monitors depending on the severity
of the curve. It can be a pain in the butt when the sun is shining straight
in to a camera. Finsbury Park Northbound Victoria Line platform is straight
but has a hump in the middle and you can't see the 7th or 8th car from the
front of the train. Generally you just hit the doors close button and wait
for the doors closed indication to illuminate, any pax stuck in the doors
will eventually free themselves and the train will depart.

regards
Anthony Tubbs
Ex LT Tube driver
Now scheduling officer