Re: British Accident 1sr Report Out - Thames Driver Not Being Blamed At This Point

In article <EfpL3.37$Id.7954@amsnews02.chello.com>, David Ready
<ds_ready@usa.net> writes

>For those interested the 1st interim report has been released and can be
>viewed at the BBC website. While they are saying that the Thames driver went
>through a red that it is good that he isn't being blamed at this stage and
>that it is being seen as "a system failure". Both the BBC report and a good
>track diagram, and a link to the full report, can be seen at
>http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_468000/468905.stm

There's just been a very harrowing statement on television here by the
Thames driver's family's solicitor.   They're saying that the chap is
being convicted by the media and yet isn't here to defend himself.

I'd be inclined to agree with this statement;  we increasingly know
*what* has happened, but not yet *why*.   However much people might feel
that things will be "covered up" I honestly think this unlikely now.
There is *such* anger, such *such* revulsion at what has happened that I
think it will be impossible to hide anything.   I also feel that some
pretty senior heads will eventually roll here, both industry and
political.

But that's just a personal view.
--
Ian Jelf        http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk