Re: Big train wreck in England! - 70 Dead?

Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
7tj92l$10il$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:7tj92l$10il$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> Look in the mirror buddy, I can through insults too, if you don't like
what
> you read don't read it.
>
> David Ready <ds_ready@usa.net> wrote in message
> z05L3.1032$e6.348371@amsnews02.chello.com">news:z05L3.1032$e6.348371@amsnews02.chello.com...
> >
> > Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
> > 7tiiat$ui7$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:7tiiat$ui7$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> >
> > I wasn't making any sort of reference to the London Underground. If you
> knew
> > anything about how the railways work in the UK you would know the tube
is
> > completely different system and is quite safe and separate to the
> privatised
> > system in England.
>
> Gee!!! I needn't bother pointing out my knowledge on the railways of the
UK,
> because you obviously know more than me.
>

> >When were the last deaths on the tube? Mooregate? When a
> > driver failed to stop at the terminus and ran the first three carriages
> into
> > a short tunnel?
>

> > I was referring to the safety record of movements in and out of Sydney
> > Central, both surburban and country, compared with the combined
>movements
> into and out of both Paddington and Waterloo combined.
>
> You didn't say that, I was pointing out (obviously it was beyond you) that
> Londons Underground did it DOO and they have a far busier system than
> Sydney, mixed traffic modes have nothing to do with it, if you knew
anything
> about railways you would have known that.

Doesn't LT have straight platforms? From memory (it is getting on close to
six years since I was last in London) all LT platforms are straight. This
would HAVE to help DOO operations.

> Yes I can relate to that, Melbournes trains are dirty, they do need
> cleaning, but that has no bearing on wheither there is a guard locked away
> somewhere in the train, Sydney has the right idea with security guards,
the
> purpose of their job is security, they are doo ing something!!!

Except the security guards do nothing - they are a waste of space.

DaveP