Re: Big train wreck in England! - 70 Dead?

WhaleOilBeefHooked wrote in message <7tkla4$mmp$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
<snip>
>Doesn't LT have straight platforms? From memory (it is getting on close to
>six years since I was last in London) all LT platforms are straight. This
>would HAVE to help DOO operations.

I was there last week, seems to be many stations on curve on UG (Cannon st,
Monument.... I stood on platforms and tape recorded "mind the gap" and
flange squeal). Operations at such places seem assisted by video and station
staff member on platform, who at least in peak periods seemed to perform
many of the duties a guard would on cityrail.