Re: Victorian Interstate Corridors

Krel wrote:

> >>SG at Spencer St is controlled by No. 1 Box, and the single line section
> >>towards Dynon is released by West Tower.  The SG signals protecting the
> >>Gauntlet track are controlled from West Tower, and released from the
> >>Franklin St interlocking, which is controlled by Metrol.  Moonee Ponds Ck
> >>Jct (East end of Sth Dynon Yard) is controled by West Tower,  all of the
> >>West Tower control up to now is on the Route Setting Panel.  Sth Dynon
> >>Jct/Sims Street Jct was once controlled by a panel in Sth Kensington Box, in
> >>1993 the control was shifted to West Tower (same or new panel?).  The DG
> >>double line section to West Footscray is Automatic Block Signalling, and the
> >>Signalling at West Footscray is something not fully understood by myself.
> >>It's split somehow between West Footscray Box, and West Tower, but the SG
> >>Double to Single Line Jct has it's own relay interlocking controlled by the
> >>NE CTC.
> >
> >>If someone knows better, corrections would be appreciated.
> >
> AIUI what will effectively happen is that the control of the NESG CTC
> will go to Mile end. The NESG CTC will be extended to include the line
> between WFJ and the Spencer Street end of the North Melbourne flyover
> (signal 184) and Tottenham to Newport. This will include the dual
> guage between WFJ and SDJ, and Totty to Brooklyn. Of course the BG CTC
> between Albion and Broadmeadows will remain with Centrol.

If the actual CTC equipment, currently in transport house, remains there and only
the control functions moved to Mile End with a telemetry link back to Melbourne,
then it probably would not be difficult to separate the BG Albion - Broadmeadows
line from the rest of the CTC. The current system is a Teknis system (I think they
are SA based) and it is a basic telemetry system which could be just as happy
working security doors as it does with railway signals.

David.