Re: Victorian Interstate Corridors

"Notagunzel" <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>> A colleague filming from West Tower last week reported technicians
>> grubbing around underneath the SG Control panel, working out how to
>> disconnect it to move it to Adelaide.  I understand the Melbourne -
>> Albury panel is also to be moved to Adelaide.
>
>AFAIK the 'office' equipment for the existing CTC Wolseley - Adelaide -
>Coonimia is based around VDU's, moving the existing physical mimic panels
>doesn't sound cost effective.  Surely one of the off the shelf PC based
>solutions would be used?

1.    Is Melbourne - Albury VDU based as well?

2.   Unless I've got it completely wrong, the SG panel in West
      Tower is Spencer Street - West Footscray Junction and
      is not VDU-based.  I'm a notasignalgunzel, so I haven't
      perused that panel with any detail when I've been up in the
      Tower.

Regards

Yuri
--