Re: Victorian Interstate Corridors

Rod wrote:

> A few years ago, I climbed into a room above the West Tower Panel room and
> was shown a Train Control
> Panel, and I think it was the Western Line from Maroona to Ararat, or there
> about's. Wolfe said it had not been used, and it was in bad condition.

Yes that is correct. It was provided as Notagunzel suggested due to industrial
relations. The signalman's section became very worried about the loss of jobs
with the demise of every signalbox west of Ararat (and also potentially east as
well because the next stage of the CTC was Ararat to Melbourne). The date of
introduction woould have been about the time that Stawell A and B boxes closed
for the CTC on 26 Jul 1985 but the date of control being transferred to Centrol
is so far lost in the mists of time but I would think not many years after. It
was naturally never publicised possibly to keep quiet some sort of deal.

David.