Re: Victorian Interstate Corridors

David Langley wrote:

> The current system is a Teknis system (I think they
> are SA based) and it is a basic telemetry system which could be just as happy
> working security doors as it does with railway signals.

Teknis are the mob who were spruiking a radar based level crossing
system a few years ago.  Methinks a prototype was installed somewhere in
Adelaide, paralleled with the 'real' track circuits.

BTW when did the Teknis stuff replace the RFL remote control system
between SSS and KME?

(I have a technical instruction manual dating from 1979, alleging the
'RFL' system is installed, it operated at the mind blowing speed of 85
baud!)

--
Mr B.
On The Run From The Gunzel Squad.