Re: Victorian Interstate Corridors

>SG at Spencer St is controlled by No. 1 Box, and the single line section
>towards Dynon is released by West Tower.  The SG signals protecting the
>Gauntlet track are controlled from West Tower, and released from the
>Franklin St interlocking, which is controlled by Metrol.  Moonee Ponds Ck
>Jct (East end of Sth Dynon Yard) is controled by West Tower,  all of the
>West Tower control up to now is on the Route Setting Panel.  Sth Dynon
>Jct/Sims Street Jct was once controlled by a panel in Sth Kensington Box, in
>1993 the control was shifted to West Tower (same or new panel?).  The DG
>double line section to West Footscray is Automatic Block Signalling, and the
>Signalling at West Footscray is something not fully understood by myself.
>It's split somehow between West Footscray Box, and West Tower, but the SG
>Double to Single Line Jct has it's own relay interlocking controlled by the
>NE CTC.

>If someone knows better, corrections would be appreciated.

Another oddity which someone may be able to explain is the fact that the best
SG aspect you can get at WFJ on the down  is red / yellow as the first home
signal on the NE controllers panel  which is just around the corner always
displays red / red until an approaching train passes the previous signal.
You then get a R/G or R/y as the case may be .
The diagram in the controllers room would show a blinking green followed by a
steady green.,as the signal cleared.
This was back in the days of the Westronic system , I presume its still
basically the same.

Also does anyone know whether the current NE CTC can handle auto clearing
of the loop arrival & departure homes if you wanted to run a number of trains
all in the same direction .
The NSW system over the border can do this , and I have the feeling that the
original Westronic system could too,but the feature was disabled.

cheers
MD

MD