Re: Violence on Sydney trains

In <7l6m0f$h2m$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "John" <integral@mindless.com> writes:

>>> Yes the gaurds are a bit of a Joke. I mean i've been told that if i am
>>> ever questioned by them and they ask for details, i can safely say "Papa
>>> Smurf", and as they cant search me, when asked for proof of
>>> identification that im Papa Smurf, i can claim i left it in my mushroom.
>>
>Chubb Security guards or any other guards for that matter do not have the
>power to demand ID. Even if they get this information from the bad person
>what can they do with this person anyway, apart from waiting for the police
>to arrive. They can not issue on-the-spot fines. How many times do you hear
>on the GRN radio network VRW tell the Chubb guards that the police will take
>a long time if the person is smoking, drinking or feet on seats.

Which is why I, as a driver, and any train guard that's working with me,
will usually remove any people doing these sorts of things from the train,
and I do not care whether I officially have a right to do it or not. If
someone is doing something offensive on my train, they get off or the train
does not move.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport