Re: Violence on Sydney trains

ROY HOWARTH <rhowarth@ihug.com.au> wrote:

> I don't think the Chubb guards have the authority to enfore the
> 1988 Transport Administration Act, which bascially means they're about as
> much use as the Keystone Cops.

Oh my golly gosh..... the requirement to understand English also seems
to have been left out of the job specification.

The two Chubb guards, of obvious Indian sub-continent extraction, that
I observed on a North Shore service recently had extreme trouble
understanding anything that several well spoken passengers tried to
tell them about a disturbance in an adjoining carriage.

Cheers,

Bill