Re: Violence on Sydney trains

Santosh Bhat wrote:

> Interesting point that,Why are about 80~90% of the Chubb security gaurds
> of Indian origin, maybe not now, but when they were first introduced. As
> these "security" gaurds dont seem to be able to do much, other than
> prance about trains threatening people with their pens to behave, i
> doubt there was a need for a level of qualification not avialable in
> Australia but for a few.

They are basically there to provide an image.  Sydney trains are not nearly as
unsafe as the media makes out, but having the Security Guards on board makes
people feel safe.  When it comes to the crunch, the Security Guards rarely do
anything to help.  I have found the anglo-saxon Security Guards are more willing
to help when trouble arises than the Indian ones.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard