Re: Melbourne route 70 tram

Don has guessed correctly.
I can't post a binary here, so try to cope with words:
Arriving towards the city from Wattle Park,
soon after crossing Punt Rd turn sharp right to enter a tram reservation.
turn sharp left to come alongside the railway, parallel with the
Sandringham tracks.
pass various sporting arenas and footbridges to MCG
just after the tennis centre, the road to replace Batman Ave merges from
the left
tram and road curve right to cross all railway lines and align with
Exhibition St
tram has left-hand curve to join Flinders St

At the opening, one of the politicians announced that the road part of this
project will be called Batman Ave to preserve the name.

In Wed.23.6 Melbourne newspapers, TransUrban listed its tolls for this
latest rape of Melbourne's road network.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Don Galt <galtfd@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<7ki6ub$545$1@bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>...
> >Rerouting from Swan St at Punt Rd ... The track in Swan St
> through the sporting precinct and along Batman Ave has been abandanoned.
<<