Re: Melbourne route 70 tram

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
01bebd46$caead2e0$1c2e11cb@rodsmith">news:01bebd46$caead2e0$1c2e11cb@rodsmith...
> Don has guessed correctly.
> I can't post a binary here, so try to cope with words:
> Arriving towards the city from Wattle Park,
> soon after crossing Punt Rd turn sharp right to enter a tram reservation.
> turn sharp left to come alongside the railway, parallel with the
> Sandringham tracks.
> pass various sporting arenas and footbridges to MCG
> just after the tennis centre, the road to replace Batman Ave merges from
> the left
> tram and road curve right to cross all railway lines and align with
> Exhibition St
> tram has left-hand curve to join Flinders St

Anyone know why the two SHARP curves after leaving Swan St? When you're not
restrained by having buildings around you as in street-track construction,
why not make a gentle reverse curve? (I haven't seen the site yet,
obviously, so there may be a simple answer.)

--
Rgds

Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)