Re: Melbourne route 70 tram

"Ron BESDANSKY (formerly Ron BEST)" wrote:

> Anyone know why the two SHARP curves after leaving Swan St? When you're not
> restrained by having buildings around you as in street-track construction,
> why not make a gentle reverse curve? (I haven't seen the site yet,
> obviously, so there may be a simple answer.)

There are also two more sharp curves where line line joins the future
Batman
Avenue bridge.
I cannot see the logic behind making a tramway reservation as slow as
you possibly
can.
With regard to a following post regarding the parkland near the Swan St
turnoff,
part of the land there is useless anyway. It would appear that the
designers (it
was designed?) may have been concerned about wayward balls from the
nearby baseball/
softball arena. At the other end, it seems to be done only to provide a
carpark in
a more inconvenient location for Melbourne Park users.

John McCallum