Re: Melbourne route 70 tram

I stand by my recollections.   You are of course entitled to disagree --
if such revolutionary tolerance is permitted in this n.g. <g>

IIRC the service was tabled to St Kilda but consistent delays in Chapel
Street led to many short shunts at Brighton Rd.   My recollection is
that the union imposed the routine short shunts for the sake of
predictability and to avoid arguments over particular services doing so,
and Head Office sooner or later went along.   Obviously out of trading
hours the delays in Chapel Street were much less and the service could
run as tabled.  This I had from sources within the service as well as
the press.