Re: Melbourne route 70 tram

Michael Walker wrote:

> >BTW, Mike Alexander answered my question about the closure of 77-Prahran:
> >November 1986.
>
> Would there be any point resurrecting this service now it can run through
> the city and present the opportunity to be more useful to people?

I think it was abolished because the time-based ticketing system meant
(means) that you can just transfer trams at the Swan St-Chapel Street
corner. Ditto with why the North Richmond to St Kilda Beach service was
dumped on weekdays, you just change trams at Balaclava Road.

Though why the 79 runs on Sundays but not other days is a mystery to me.
Anybody know?