Re: Violence on Sydney trains

John wrote in message <3772cec3.0@pink.one.net.au>...
>Hi,
>If anyone has any problems with security guards go and see the Train Guard
>who will put a report in to Cityrail Protective Services who push the
matter
>with Chubb. In fact, if there are any problems on the train at all the
Train
>Guard should be contacted first. At least they can ask for tickets before
>asking people to leave the train.

Better still, call State Rail Protective Services (or something like that) -
on (02) 9379 4444 - they are there 24 hours and I have got action from them
before. I rang them on my mobile when Chubb ignored three people with feet
on seats - the "guards" were contacted by radio and told to do their job.

With regard to tickets, wasn't there a regulation passed a few years back
that enables "authorised persons" to ask for tickets - Brian Langton said at
the time that it was to enable security officers to ask for tickets when
stations were unattended. Was this only a ministerial conjob then?

DaveP