Re: Stop Defending Cityrail Attrocious Record

"Tony Gatt" <baulko@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
eWNB6.2470$hb.5817@news1.belrs1.nsw.optushome.com.au">news:eWNB6.2470$hb.5817@news1.belrs1.nsw.optushome.com.au...

> "Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message
> 3AD7A670.222A0DB5@iprimus.com.au">news:3AD7A670.222A0DB5@iprimus.com.au...
> > Mercia Chapman wrote:
> >
> > > why all weekends on some lines?
> >
> > Simple. Less people travel on the weekend.
>
> Thats not the real reason. The NIMBY population don't like work being
> carried out on the railway line next to them (the one that was there
before
> they brought the property) because it keeps them awake. Its a political
> reason, it has nothing to do with Patronage. If there is proof that
> patronage is lower on rail lines durign the weekend its because people
know
> that trains don't run due to trackwork!

So we have a "chicken-and-egg" situation. People don't travel, because there
will be trackwork and disruption. Trackwork is thus scheduled at weekends
because patronage is lower because of trackwork and disruption.

Dave