Re: Signaller causes SPAD

Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
39cac0fd$0$26531$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:39cac0fd$0$26531$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> "Peter Dwyer" <peter.dwyer@qr.com.au> wrote in message news:8qeek1
> > Tezza <tezza2000@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> >
> > > Management then made a change to Safeworking that Drivers had to obey
> > > Controllers - they removed the phrase that said unless it contravened
> > > Safeworking or it wasn't safe to carry out the order. So once again,
> > > management put ontime running ahead of safety. The Union put a ban on
> that
> > > amendment.
> >
> > Good thing about our safety policy, it wouldn't force us into that
> > situation.
>
> Why? (I have no idea where you are).

I'm in QR... The best part is the last line of our CEO's Safety Statement.

"Remember if a task cannot be undertaken safely - it should not be done."

If you think it's unsafe, you don't do it. And you're covered. You'll have
to state WHY
 you think it's unsafe, but if you're on the level, you're fine.

Seeya!