Re: Signaller causes SPAD

8q7t7t$jlk$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8q7t7t$jlk$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > I have been a driver for fifteen years and it would seem that
today's
> > drivers are a bunch of wimps too scared to challenge an illegal,
unsafe
> > instruction.
>
> I would say they put some trust in the signaller.

We certainly wouldn't. In any case I was referring to other illegal
instructions e.g. unauthorised wrong direction movements that some Line
Controllers have ocasionally done.

Once you start breaking the rules then a accident becomes more and more
likely as more shotrcuts.

I've heard a rumour that anyone wanting to become a Line Controller is
asked "Would you break the rules in order to avoid delays to the
service?"

A "no" answer usually guarantees that the applicant is rejected.

Regards

Frank

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.