Re: Signaller causes SPAD

Well yet another piece of useless drivel by the signal engineer.
The SWU`s provide for the returning to stop of signals but the person
returning the stick is to inform the driver of the intention to do so!!!!!
Sometimes this is not possible as things happen out of the blue so to speak.
The driver is to make every attempt to stop at the stick that has been
returned to stop.
This would include putting the brake in emergency.
The driver has no idea why the stick has been returned to stop, therefore he
must make every attempt to stop his side of the stick, may be a serious
condition ahead affecting the line etc..
Steve