Re: Dorrigo 19th Century Treasures

Tony Gatt wrote...

> Dorrigo, on the other hand have been "spruking" for years, and all they
have
> is an extensive collection.

Which you would argue should not have been preserved?

> Why have they had to spend $250k or thereabouts on court proceedures.. had
> they followed their "goal", the MEMBERS money could have been better spent
> on preservation of the line, or restoration of the equipment, like it was
> intended..

We have spent closer to a half million on the court procedures. The way the
system works is thet if you are sued (as we were) and you do not defend
yourself, you lose. So if I took you to court claiming ownership of your
house (surley you remember that poker game we had where you lost everything)
you would have a choice... spend money to defend yourself or hand me the
keys. We had a vote to determine the goals. The vote was something like 400
to 7. To achieve those goals we had to defend the court case brought by the
7.

> If they have no intentions of running a train, then say so..

We intend to run trains after establishing the static display. This policy
has been unchanged since before we moved to Dorrigo.

> I for one don't have the time to physically contribute,

Thats all right, we will manage without you.

> but if I parted with my money, I
> would certainly want to have a say, and I am certain I am not the only one
> who would like to be guarding (with a uniform and whistle) a train on the
> line to Dorrigo.

The membership will have their say at our AGM next week. I think you will
find that the 2 directors up for re-election will be returned to the board.
If you want a say you will have to join up. That's how it works.

Trevor