Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

Christopher_Martin GORDON wrote:

> Fact: People in Melbourne validate at train stations just like people
> in other cities.  No problems now.
>
> Fact: It is the trams in Melbourne where people don't validate.  Other
> cities with no problems have no trams.
>
> What would you do (apart from making eveyone board by the front door,
> while the driver watched like buses) to our trams to make more
> people validate?
>
> (I will wait for your answer and then tell the Swanston and Yarra trams,
> I am sure they can't work it out yet either, I can't)

If it was possible to print something on the card that indicated when and where
it was validated every time (not just when you first use the ticket), and
inspectors could check this, then people would be inclined to validate in case
an inspector got on to check the tickets.
--
Ben Thomas - Melbourne, Australia
23 - '98 Nissan Pulsar SLX sedan - PGI 235