Re: Bring on the busted air-bags...

In article <7sc0n3$8i9$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,  <facetious@my-deja.com> wrote:
>This Saturday, a trial will take place on the North with a V set running
>to XPT speed boards.
>
>It takes 2 hours 17 minutes on the down, and 2 hours 21 minutes on the
>up with stops at Strathfield, Hornsby, Gosford, Morisset, Fassifern,
>Cardiff, Broadmeadow and Hamilton.

 I was under the impression that in many places V sets could already
run at XPT speeds.

 I saw a video taken years ago (being shown at Chullora open day) of
the panto bounce of a DDIC set running at well over 150Km/hr. The
speed was limited by pan bounce reducing the amount of power getting to
the motors. Apparently the later V sets had suspension that the manufacturer
claimed could take 200km/hr operation.

 Fit some lightweight pans and tune the suspension, they could exceed XPT
speeds... :-)