Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 23:08:53 +1000, "Michael Walker"
<walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote:
[snip]

>2. The companies are perfectly entitled to not only throw you off for not
>revalidating but to fine you as well. You will find the revised Public
>Transport Act at www.dpc.vic.gov.au (then use the search for the relevant
>legislation)

Hmm..interesting concept. I pay about $80 for a monthly ticket, each
month, 11 months a year.  The ticket has an expiry date on it after my
initial use of it. Would they really throw me off for not revalidating
each time and then add insult to injury by fining me as well. I
somehow think not....not good PR and not condusive to attracting
passengers to their system. I await my first argument with a ticket
inspector re this issue. So far not one of them has queried my right
to ride the trams.

regards,

George Dragicevic
Melbourne PC User Group