Re: Extra Blacktown platform (was: St Leonards, NSW)

Dave Proctor <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
7uspba$ein$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7uspba$ein$1@news1.mpx.com.au...

> Ok - I see you went to the John Cain/Joan Kirner School of Economics.

Result to insult when you have lost the argument.

If you really want to compare the two stations then you should look at
CityRail's Statistics.  I have some figures available from the then NSW
Department of State Development, but prepared by CityRail early this decade
which shown that outside the of the CDB, Redfern & North Sydney  that
Hornsby has more weekday passengers than any other station except
Strathfield and Parramatta with Chatswood and Bondi Junction not far behind.
(Yes I am surprised too!) In the peak period 6:01 to 9:30 am:

Hornsby 7,356 passengers ON, 5,441 passengers OFF
Blacktown 5,061 passengers ON,  2758 passengers OFF

I daresay Blacktown has grown since the figures were compiled but so has
Hornsby but probably not as much as Blacktown.  Non the less there would
have to be huge increase in passenger numbers for Blacktown to equal Hornsby
let alone surpass it in passenger numbers.  Given the importance of Hornsby
to the CityRail network then I think it has a case for more platform
facilities.