Re: Extra Blacktown platform (was: St Leonards, NSW)

I find it amazing that another platform is being built at Blacktown bringing
the total to seven.  Surely the money could have been better spent in
building another platform at Hornsby which CityRail has long recognized
would improve train service reliability and flexibility to trains that use
this important junction.  There are also a number of other places around
Sydney that I would have thought should be ahead of Blacktown for another
platform (eg Liverpool, Cabramatta, Sutherland).  I suspect the platforms
main short term purpose is to provide a terminating point for Olympic Park
services but with competant signalling and perhaps a few yard alterations I
would have thought they could cope with the existing six platforms.