Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

Paul Dwerryhouse <paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au> wrote in message
7tpe3u$6af$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU">news:7tpe3u$6af$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU...
> "WhaleOilBeefHooked" <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> writes:
>
> >And they have been engaging in industrial action for almost twelve months
> >now. The Community Relations Officer at CityRail NorthWest tells me there
is
> >nothing they can do to force them to do their jobs, because it is part of
> >declared industrial campaign. And they wonder why they are looking to get
> >rid of them. Perhaps if they actually *did* their jobs, CityRail would
not
> >be looking to get rid of them.
>
> However, it's beside the point. What matters is that there was an open
gate
> and Sydney people walking through it without putting their tickets in the
> machine. Hence, your claim that this particular phenomenon occurs only in
> Melbourne, or that Melbourne people are in some way different, is invalid.

No it is not - when SYdney people are told to use the gates, they will do
so. When Melbourne people are told to validate, they refuse to do so. People
have said exactly that in this newsgroup.

DaveP