Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

Hi,

Why can't the ticket vending machine provide that information? It's
supposed to be able to.

The other thing of course is, that the person doing the roving survey
does not ask what your destination is. However I do believe that the form
that you can fill out and post in MAY require this information, but DONT
quote me on it and assume that it does.

In the end, the whole point is, that people do not want to be treated like
guinea pigs. People want to get from point A to point B with the least
inconvenience. Spoonfeeding them with this validation crap denies them of
this right. The truth of the matter is, no matter how you see it David,
validation is inconvenient for MOST people, but maybe just not you.

You are only pushing the validation rule because the government say so.
This is the same government that stripped us of many of our country rail
services in 1993, this is the same government that cut us down to a summer
timetable at that period, this is the same government that postponed the
order of more new trains for Melbourne because we aparently didn't need
them, this is also the same government that removed our guards and
conductors (OK, i admit DOO isn't so bad for suburban working, we have
still had no incidents yet, since it was introduced in 1993 - NSW, you
should listen to this one), and finally, this is the same government that
spat the dummy and said "Thats it, just because of this, you are being
privatised now no questions asked" when our public transport workers went
on strike on Grand Prix day. Having said this, do you support: less
transport services in Melbourne, no new trains for Melbourne, having to
catch a bus to Mildura instead of a train, and anything else I may have
mentioned? Unfortunately for you, automated ticketing was tarred with the
same brush, and that is what sickens me about it mostly.

Regards
Michael

WhaleOilBeefHooked said in message <7toeut$d7t$1@news1.mpx.com.au>, I
therefore quote: