Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

Michael Kurkowski <mk@netstra.com.au> wrote in message
8E5B87091telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8E5B87091telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net...
> Hi,
>
> Why can't the ticket vending machine provide that information? It's
> supposed to be able to.

Because you do not buy a ticket at the start of each journey.

> The other thing of course is, that the person doing the roving survey
> does not ask what your destination is. However I do believe that the form
> that you can fill out and post in MAY require this information, but DONT
> quote me on it and assume that it does.
>
> In the end, the whole point is, that people do not want to be treated like
> guinea pigs. People want to get from point A to point B with the least
> inconvenience. Spoonfeeding them with this validation crap denies them of
> this right. The truth of the matter is, no matter how you see it David,
> validation is inconvenient for MOST people, but maybe just not you.

Only because they have never had to do it. Why is it inconvenient to get
your wallet out as you are walking along, have your ticket out and ready to
insert as you arrive at the validator, insert it, taking all of two seconds,
retrieve your ticket and then place it back in your wallet whilst walking
onto the platform.

> You are only pushing the validation rule because the government say so.
> This is the same government that stripped us of many of our country rail
> services in 1993, this is the same government that cut us down to a summer
> timetable at that period, this is the same government that postponed the
> order of more new trains for Melbourne because we aparently didn't need
> them, this is also the same government that removed our guards and
> conductors (OK, i admit DOO isn't so bad for suburban working, we have
> still had no incidents yet, since it was introduced in 1993 - NSW, you
> should listen to this one), and finally, this is the same government that
> spat the dummy and said "Thats it, just because of this, you are being
> privatised now no questions asked" when our public transport workers went
> on strike on Grand Prix day.

THis is the same government that you Victorians elected, TWICE - and
possibly a third time (not sure of what the current status is) -so you only
have yourselves to blame for all of that.

>Having said this, do you support: less
> transport services in Melbourne, no new trains for Melbourne, having to
> catch a bus to Mildura instead of a train, and anything else I may have
> mentioned? Unfortunately for you, automated ticketing was tarred with the
> same brush, and that is what sickens me about it mostly.

So it is the Libs, not MetCard, that you do not like then?

DaveP