Re: Metcard statistics. Does it even happen?

daproc@spambait.umpires.com (WhaleOilBeefHooked) wrote in
<7tp29q$277$1@news1.mpx.com.au>:

>Only because they have never had to do it. Why is it inconvenient to get
>your wallet out as you are walking along, have your ticket out and ready
>to insert as you arrive at the validator, insert it, taking all of two
>seconds, retrieve your ticket and then place it back in your wallet
>whilst walking onto the platform.

Fine if you are not someone carrying 5 bags of shopping or more, especially
the case with many people in the city.

>> You are only pushing the validation rule because the government say
>> so. This is the same government that stripped us of many of our
>> country rail services in 1993, this is the same government that cut us
>> down to a summer timetable at that period, this is the same government
>> that postponed the order of more new trains for Melbourne because we
>> aparently didn't need them, this is also the same government that
>> removed our guards and conductors (OK, i admit DOO isn't so bad for
>> suburban working, we have still had no incidents yet, since it was
>> introduced in 1993 - NSW, you should listen to this one), and finally,
>> this is the same government that spat the dummy and said "Thats it,
>> just because of this, you are being privatised now no questions asked"
>> when our public transport workers went on strike on Grand Prix day.
>
>THis is the same government that you Victorians elected, TWICE - and
>possibly a third time (not sure of what the current status is) -so you
>only have yourselves to blame for all of that.

Excuse me, but do not assume that i voted for this monkey farm that are
supposed to be managing this state. Both of those two elections I was too
young to vote anyway. I could go into explicit detail which could cover 400
pages or so what I think of the current elected government, but it would be
1) boring 2) truthful 3) not nice 4) (and most important) off topic for
this newsgroup.

Regards
Michael